St. Luke’s Church, in the original hamlet of Palermo, has been in existence since 1845. As development sprung up around the church, the opportunity for an expansion was explored, with the creation of a new parish centre. Strategy4 has assisted through the years as the concept for a parish centre continuously evolved in response to the emerging surrounding land uses and road patterns, and as the Diocese and Parish partnered with an assisted living project on adjacent lands. The final concept includes the re-positioning of the historic church on the site, and the construction of a new parish centre, which extends to the west, attaching to the historic church along the western façade with a narrow and transparent built-form. The project scope for Strategy4 included the concept planning and management of the full architectural consulting team.